“There are always two people in every picture, the photographer and the viewer.”
– Ansel Adams
I have said to myself over the past few months that I need to shoot more film and to be honest, I have. The only thing is, I have not been able to develop or digitise my rolls of film for a quiet some time now. This due to the fact that I have had to commute to campus to do all of this and it can be very time consuming, especially the scanning for the film. If I am not there early enough, I will either find all the available scanners being used or even if I get access to one, I just won’t have enough time to scan my films the way I want to.
In the end, due to time constraints, I just decided to invest in a film scanner. This way, I can scan at my own pace, in my own home and I can do it at any time – morning, noon or night.
And this brings me to today’s topic, the photo challenge.
For the month of April, I will be posting a photo a day from one of my 35mm film rolls.
- To post one frame per day.
- No captions. Just the photo.
- All photos from the roll will be posted. Even the ‘dead’ frames.
If you are reading this post, here are your rules.
- Subscribe to my blog so that you are notified when I post. No spam, I promise.
- Like the post and leave a comment. Let me know what you think of the photo that I share on the day and how it makes you feel.
- If there is a particular post/photo you like, share or reblog it to your followers.
- At the end of this challenge, I will post the 6 remaining frames from a 36 exposure film roll as a bonus post. I would like you to comment on this final post of the challenge and let me know your favourite image from the whole challenge.
And there you have it.
April has 30 days. So, I will be posting a photo a day from a 35mm 36 exp. roll of film. At this moment in time, I am not sure if it will be black & white or colour.
On May 1, I will then share the remaining 6 frames. Depending on how I shot the film, sometimes I can end up with 37 or 38 frames. We will see when the time comes.
Also, I will be selling a selection of the photographs here. This will help me with printing and production costs for my MA degree show in July 2020. Your support is highly appreciated.
June is the next month with 30 days in it. Would you like to join me in the challenge when I post my next roll of film? I would like this to be a feature on my blog moving forward and it would be awesome to see some of your photographs. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
#30DayPhotoChallenge #36FilmExpPhotoChallenge #AFrameADay