Hey Happy People!
I have been AWOL from here for a while. And it’s definitely too late to wish you all a Happy New Year at this point, but what the heck – HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I have been busy adulting, being an MA student and just trying to keep my social media presence alive by post random content on my Instagram. Speaking of which, I started a more curated account where I can be posting photography work that I have been doing. You can check it out here and whilst you are there, why don’t you give us a follow – THANK YOU!
So, what is new for 2019?
To be honest, I have no clue what is in store for 2019. All I know is that I would like to be posting more here and share any photographs that I have been taking. I am thinking a revival of Snapping London would be a good start. I also need to replace all the images I lost since deleting my Flickr account earlier this year. So please bear with me on that one. I also what to shoot more film using my Canon AE1.
I am looking forward to sharing projects that I am still working on and developing especially as part of my MA in Documentary Photography and Photojournalism. I believe that what every project I embark on as I study will be an ongoing investigation into my practice as a documentary photographer.
Ohh yes, in case I forgot to mention it in my previous posts or if I did and you missed it, I am back at university pursuing my postgraduate. This is something I was talking about even before I finished my undergraduate studies. I decided to go back to the University of Westminster for several reasons really.
- Familiar grounds – I just felt at home there and it just made sense to me.
- Part-time option – There was no way I was going to do a one-year intensive course and still juggle motherhood, run a home, be a freelancer and adult all at the same time. Something had to give. So, being able to pace myself with an option to spread my modules into two years instead of one is a win for me.
- Alumni discount – hello, who doesn’t like a discount when it is being offered? This for me actually should be number one as the deciding factor. Just saying.
- Resources – Westminster has one of the best resources with a good collection of photographing books, a photography centre with dark rooms, studios and photography equipment that is mostly free to use as a student.
- Teaching faculty – a few notable names in the photography industry teach at Westminster with the addition of a photography forum where practitioners in the field of photography are invited to share their knowledge with the students as part of the Westminster Photography Forum.
Well, it has not always been rosy being an MA student now that I have survived my first semester. I have come to the conclusion that was already confirmed during my stint as a BA student that January assignment deadlines are the worst. Essentially, you are celebrating Christmas and New Years with this dark cloud hanging over your head and you still end up pulling all-nighters in the library just to get the work done on time.
However, nothing feels good like finishing your projects and assignments on time and handing it in. You get to relax for a few days then start preparing for the next semester in the hope that this time around you will be more organised and prepared.
So in a nutshell, for 2019, there will be a lot of randomness on the blog with the revival of Snapping London as mentioned before, sharing of projects that I am working on and any assignments that I get up to this year.
What would you like me to share with you?